- Limestone Sealer Bendigo
- Penetrating Limestone Sealer Bendigo
- Outdoor Limestone Sealer Bendigo
- Non Slip Sealer for Limestone Bendigo
- Long Lasting Limestone Sealer Bendigo
- Impregnating Limestone Sealer Bendigo
- Breathable Limestone Sealer Bendigo
- Best Limestone Sealer Bendigo
- Sealing Limestone Pavers Bendigo
- Sealing Limestone around Pool Bendigo
- Sealing Limestone Kitchens Bendigo
- Sealing Limestone Bathrooms Bendigo
- Sealing Limestone Showers Bendigo
- Sealing Limestone Benchtops Bendigo
- Protecting against Acid Attack
- Protecting against Salt Attack
- Protecting against Efflorescence
- Why Limestone?
- What is Limestone?
- What is Efflorescence?
- Maintenance & Care Bendigo
- Limestone Stains Removal Bendigo
- Efflorescence Removal Bendigo
- Limestone Available Finishes Bendigo
Removing Stains from Limestone Bendigo
As always, prevention is better than finding a cure, meaning that if you have sealed your limestone you should be able to wipe away any potential stain with ease, provided it hasn't been left too long.
It is extremely important to NEVER use anything acidic such as vinegar or citrus as it can etch, or eat away at your limestone.
If you do have a potential stain, you can try the following solutions.
Use a commercial poultice product
A poultice is usually a mixture of ground chalk (whiting) and hydrogen peroxide available from hardware stores. Some versions will use a different chemical than hydrogen peroxide. Follow the instructions provided with the product as a general guide:
- Wet the poultice with distilled water.
- Apply the poultice to the stain or stained area.
- Leave it in place for 48 hours. During this time it will dry. The drying process enables it to absorb into the limestone.
- Rinse it off. The stain should have disappeared
- Reseal with a penetrating sealer
As limestone is calcium based, acidic substances such as vinegar and lemon juice should never be used.
When using any cleaning product on the limestone, ensure it is pH neutral.
Because of the calcium in limestone, and the stones porous nature, using acidic or harsh cleaners may scratch and damage the surface.
How to Clean Limestone Floors
- Mix warm water and general pH neutral floor cleaner in a bucket
- Pour in 1 cup of cornflour
- Stir vigorously
- Use this mixture to mop the floor
The cornflour helps to remove marks and stains from the limestone as it will help to draw out substances from the porous stone.
If the above techniques do not achieve the desired results, call a professional cleaning company with adequate equipment and solutions.
Tile Cleaners Australia is Australia's leading tile care provider for all tile & grout cleaning, tile sealing, tile stripping & sealing, tile regrouting, grout colour sealing, and minor tile repairs. If you require any limestone cleaning or have questions regarding your limestone their friendly customer service are very helpful.
Please note that any information provided is given in good faith and is believed by us to be appropriate and reliable. However, since conditions vary widely and are outside of our control, it is provided without liability or responsibility on our part. It is the responsibility of the recipient to decide if the information provided is appropriate for their situation. In case of doubt, any process should be tried out in an inconspicuous area prior to general application.