Penetrating Limestone Sealer AlburySealing using a long-lasting penetrating sealer will not only help to prevent staining, but also extend the life of your limestone and ensure regular maintenance becomes much easier.
Impregnating penetrating sealants actually penetrate into the limestone substrate itself, soaking into the microscopic pin-holes and open fissures which make up its natural texture.
A clear impregnating sealer won't change the look or feel of your sealed limestone, won't affect the stone's ability to release vapour and will last much longer than film forming sealers.
- Longer lifetime as the protection is contained within the substrate, and not simply on the surface
- Not affected by UV light
- Allows the stone to 'breathe' - retained moisture can escape
- Surface does not become slippery
- Improves the life expectancy of limestone
Unsealed limestone surfaces are highly porous and susceptible to permanent staining from everyday spills. Sealing is important if you want to protect your limestone against unwanted staining and deterioration.
If you have a limestone tiled floor, you will know that it absorbs liquids and therefore any potential liquid carrying stains very quickly.
Some topical sealer drawbacks include:
- Requires constant reapplication
- Has to be completely removed before reapplication
- Stone can not breathe. Moisture is trapped in the stone
- Creates a shiny surface film that is easily scratched or scuffed
- Alters the colour of the limestone
The primary function of a stone sealer is to provide stain resistance to a porous stone.
Red wine, oil and grease in particular can result in damage that may be impossible to remove without the use of heavy resurfacing machinery. Although sealing limestone won't completely stop liquids from absorbing into it, it will give you time to wipe spills away before permanent damage occurs.
Cleaning and maintenance of limestone flooring can also be more difficult when left unsealed as surface contaminants will quickly absorb into the porous limestone structure making them difficult to remove.
It is strongly recommended to apply a deep penetrating impregnating sealer to limestone floors that provide long lasting protection and stain resistance. The best available penetrating sealer today is Australian made . produce non-solvent sealers that are easy to apply using a brush, roller or sprayer and will dry within a few hours. These deep penetrating limestone sealers are available in a dry, invisible finish or in a slightly wet, colour enhancing effect and have a lifetime of 10 or up to 15 years.
- Choose a quality long-lasting deep penetrating, impregnating sealer.
- Deeply clean your limestone prior to application (dust and debris will be trapped once sealed)
- Correct application and amount of required coats.
- Remember, with stone sealers you really do get what you pay for.
Limestone will vary in hardness and is always porous – if you apply a small amount of water to an unsealed limestone surface it will be absorbed in seconds. The porosity of limestone is also affected by the finish – for example a highly polished limestone is less porous in comparison to limestone with a honed (matte) finish.
Fluoro-chemical technology integrated into Australian GOLD is the most advanced technology available, providing the ultimate long term protection against water and oil-based stains. The micro-molecular formula chemically reacts with the stone surface to create a bond that is stronger than any other conventional sealer.
is a premium penetrating sealer that you can use both for interior and exterior limestone tiles. This product penetrates deep in the stone, creating an invisible barrier against water and oil based stains. At the same time, it allows any built up vapour to escape. is well known because of its special molecular structure, which makes this sealer more resistant than other products.
makes caring for your stone much easier!
provides durable protection against stains, superior oil and water repellency, no change to the natural surface appearance, is non-film forming, breathable, and easy to clean and maintain, preserving the beauty of your limestone.
How can I get my limestone sealed?
Choose an experienced company with specialised equipment and expertise to correctly seal and maintain your limestone once installed.
It is also important to keep your sealed limestone clean, wipe up spills quickly and clean periodically.
Professional cleaning will not only remove surface dirt but draws out dirt deep embedded within the pores of limestone.
Get in contact with a professional stone floor maintenance company with the equipment and knowledge to ensure you're valuable surfaces look just how you want them.
Tile Cleaners Australia and StoneMaster are members of the network of independent Accredited Applicators who have been fully trained in the proper application of limestone care products, offering a full service by thoroughly cleaning the limestone area to be treated, product application and providing after sales care.
- Tile Cleaners Australia is Australia's leading tile care provider of all tile & grout cleaning, tile sealing, tile stripping & sealing, tile regrouting, grout colour sealing, and minor tile repairs. If you require any limestone cleaning, sealing, restoration or have any questions regarding your limestone their friendly customer service are very helpful.
- StoneMaster provide a diagnostic approach to each unique situation, including a full analysis, selection of the best-required method of restoration and follow up maintenance procedures always ensuring outstanding results.
Ensuring your limestone is thoroughly cleaned before any sealing takes place is important as you may seal in old stains, dust and debris embedded in the stone, resulting in the sealer needing to be stripped and resealed.Applying a sealer that is not suitable, or of sufficient quality will result in limestone surfaces you aren't completely satisfied with.